Monday, February 11, 2008

Cheeseburger Soup

Prep time & cooking time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Servings:4

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c shredded carrots (I buy them shredded in a bag)
3/4 c diced celery (I leave this out b/c we don't like celery)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsely flakes
4 TBSP butter, divided
4 c diced potatoes
2 c cubed Cheese (this time I used 1 c Mozz and 1 c cheddar)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 c Chicken Broth
1/4 c flour
1 1/2 c Milk
1/4 c Sour Cream

Directions:
1. In a 3 qt saucepan, brown beef; drain & set aside. (Optional: I seasoned my meat with the Tony Chachere's Creole)

2. In same pan saute onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 TBSP butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes

3. Add Broth, potatoes, and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 10 -12 minutes.

4. Meanwhile in a small skillet, melt remaining butter (3 TBSP). Add flour; cook and stir 3-5 min; or until bubbly.

5. Add mixture to soup; bring to a boil.

6. Cook and stir for 2 minutes

7. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.

8. Remove from the heat; blend in Sour Cream.

The Meat

Broth, Meat, and Potatoes

Mix it all together!

While the other simmers, mix flour with butter.

Final Product


4 comments:

TK said...

wow if my tummy weren't hurting i'd try this! keep posting recipes!
love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

this sounds great!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Now that looks good! The next time I go shopping I am going to get the ingredients and try it out! Did you really have enough for 8 or should I double it for my family?

DD said...

Ya I'd double it! We had a bowl each for dinner and then a bowl each for lunch today, so I'd say 4 servings. I'll fix that on the blog page!