Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lasagna pizza cups

I got this recipe off of another blogger's site. Her name is Kelly; I don't know her, but thought I'd try this recipe and it was GREAT! Also, would you believe after 3 years of marriage I just bought a muffin pan today! I couldn't believe we didn't have one!





1/2 lb lean ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

2 garlic gloves, minced

1 jar pizza sauce

1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

1/2 cup ricotta cheese

3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


  1. Preheat oven to 375.

  2. Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.

  3. Stir in 1 cup pizza sauce and remove from heat.

  4. Press biscuits on bottom and sides of a lightly greased muffin cups.

  5. Spoon 1 tbls meat mixture into each biscuit cup.

  6. Top with ricotta cheese (about 1 tsp) and sprinkle with shredded cheese.

  7. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until golden.

  8. Warm up remaining sauce and serve with the cups.

** I made this a bit more healthy by using ground turkey and low fat ricotta and biscuits. This was very tasty and something kids will LOVE!

3 comments:

TK said...

Oh wow i want to make those!

Anonymous said...

DD, these look great!!! can you make them when we come to visit?? How many points? lol

love,
britt

KK said...

Wow...that looks awesome! I need to make these!