Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Easy Spanish Rice Casserole

I got this from a recipe exchange and Josh ABSOLUTELY LOVED this tonight! I was excited because it is way EASY. When I start working full-time, I am thinking that I could even do most of this the night before and then put it in the oven the next day. I also think this would freeze well!

1 lb hamburger
1 pkg spanish rice mix bag
shredded cheese
Frito corn chips

  1. Brown hamburger and drain grease.
  2. Make the Spanish rice per directions in the same pot as the hamburger.
  3. Pour into 9x13 pan when done. (you can see I used a round pan)
  4. Sprinkle with desired amount of shredded cheese and crushed frito corn chips.
  5. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted - 350 deg for about 25 minutes.
  6. Top with Salsa and Sour Cream

**For the healthly ones again you could easily use ground turkey and I used the WW Mexican Cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle - You made that look so yummy! I never thought of the tomato on top :) It is a very easy recipe and works wonders for the working mom!

KK said...

yum!