Saturday, August 2, 2008

Zucchini Bread


Here in MI, zucchini is a dime a dozen. Not literally but we are given zucchini on a weekly basis in the summer. I love it and am contantly looking for new recipes, so if you have any post them please. I got this recipe from my friend Jordan's blog site. It is her Mom's zucchini bread recipe..

I had to make some muffins because I don't own two bread pans.

Annabelle is devouring these as I type!


4 eggs

2 c. sugar

1 c. oil

2 1/2 c. flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

2 c. shredded zucchini

1 c. nuts (optional)

Raisins & coconut (optional)


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

  2. Mix the eggs with the sugar.

  3. Add oil.

  4. Mix (seperately) the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and the baking powder.

  5. Add to the eggs and sugar.

  6. Then add the vanilla, nuts and zucchini.

  7. Bake in 2 greased and floured bread pans.

  8. Bake for 60 minutes.

5 comments:

[Kelly] said...

looks great!

TK said...

As Rachel RAy would say "YUMMO!"

KK said...

Yummy! The first time I made Zucchini bread I really messed it up....SEEDS! EWW...LOL

MOMMYXTHREE said...

love zucchini!
Dice the zuc and cook in a little EVOO in a pan and then
*freeze for later
*or add to white rice YUM!
* or drain and add some to an egg for an omlete
* or shred and make Zuc friters (flour egg parm cheese cant remember the rest -check the cooking channe website under i think Emeril) :)

Jordan said...

I forgot to tell you Danielle but if the outside was kinda of brown and hard you can put a little bowl of water in the oven with it!
LOVE zucchini bread! :)
I'm glad you liked it!!